Tuesday, July 3, 2012

1st Motorcycle Date

After a year and a half of having my motorcycle, I finally convinced Kristin to go on a ride with me.  Kristin had received a 2 hour baby sitting from our neighbors and she decided to use this to go on a ride.  We originally planned to go up American Fork Canyon.  But when I got home this was the view of Alpine and the canyon from in front of our house:


Because of the fire, the canyon was closed.  So instead we decided to ride out west of Utah Lake.  Below is the route we followed:


When we were out west of the lake we stopped for a rest and took some pictures.  Kristin wanted proof that she went on a ride.  You could really see the smoke from the fire.



When we got out by Pelican Point, we went went off of Redwood Road and went up behind it on a dirt road.  This was where we had a couple months back camped with the father and son's outing.  When we got back behind the mountain, there was a steep road up to the top of a hill.  It didn't look too bad but as we got about 3/4 of the way up, I realized that this bike is a lot heavier than my dirt bike and I also had 2 people on it.  It was close but we made it to the top without falling.  The views from the top were pretty amazing.



I was pretty nervous coming down the hill so Kristin graciously walked down while I brought the bike down very slowly, I about went over a couple times on the way down.  I think I will leave hill climbing to the dirt bike.

On the way home we had a few minutes so we stopped at Arctic Circle for a shake.  It was a fun date and nice to go for a ride with Kristin.  She said it was a lot better than she had anticipated and said she would go again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment