Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Denver Trip: Preparations


A little background.  I was worried that my tires were getting worn so I decided to buy some new tires to install before the trip.  I decided to install them myself which was a lot harder than I thought it would be.  Well, while installing the the rear tire, I tore the bead of the tire.  So it was basically useless.  This was the day before the trip.  I thought that the trip was ruined and I now wouldn't be able to go.

I decided to put the old tire back on.  By the time I got the bike all back together and everything packed it was about 2:00 am.  I was hoping to leave at 6:00 am.  But luckily everything got back together and I was still able to go on the trip.

Old Tire





Getting ready to take back tire off



My little helpers




Working late into the night




Broken tire bead

2 comments:

  1. You mentioned that this was your first motorcycle road trip in your previous post. Trips like this should be well-planned because anything can go wrong during the trip. But of course, you don’t have to over-plan, so as not to ruin the surprises you might encounter. So, how was the overall experience? :)

    Clare Westby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bike trip went great. I didn't encounter any problems, thankfully. I would say the things that I learned from this trip were: to make sure to get enough rest going into the trip, as I was exhausted on the trip. Also the mileage each day was a little long. I would have preferred to take a little more relaxed pace and not so many miles each day. But everything went pretty much according to plan.

      Delete